What Does Botox or Dysport Do?
Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeuveau are neuromodulators that relax facial muscles reducing frown lines, forehead lines, and crow's feet. It can also give you a Botox - Dysport brow lift and treat selected lines in the lower face. You look more rested and less stressed or angry. They also decrease excessive sweating on palms and underarms and for migraines or muscle-related headaches.
About Botox and Dysport treatments
Number of Botox or Dysport Treatments One
The time to See Botox or Dysport Results Varies from a few days up to fourteen days.
How long does Botox or Dysport Last Three to six months; the average duration is four months. Then treatment is repeated.
There are usually no side effects. Varies from a few days up to fourteen days.
- Tiny bruises may occur at injection sites, resolving quickly.
- Temporary eyelid or eyebrow droop uncommonly occurs, usually 1-2 weeks after injection, worse late in the day, and usually lasts less than 1 month. If needed, prescription eye drops can reduce this side effect.
- Headache may occur after treatment, usually minor but occasionally moderate or severe.
- If the area around the mouth is treated, occasionally, a temporary lip droop or weakness may occur.
- If the neck is treated, neck weakness rarely occurs.
- If hands are treated for sweating, temporarily decreased grip strength may be noted.
- Very rarely, temporary double or blurred vision, difficulty breathing, swallowing, speaking, or muscle weakness have been reported hours to weeks after injection. Occasionally antibodies to Botox, Dysport, or other neuromodulators may develop, making further treatment ineffective, but have no other known adverse effects.
After Botox or Dysport Injection At least 2 weeks after treatment— if you feel you have an incomplete response, you may schedule an appointment for a "touch up," usually requiring fewer units than the original treatment. Additional units are charged at the regular price/unit.
The next regular treatment— should usually be in 3-4 months.
Treating before the effect is completely worn off to keep muscles rested is best to maximize improvement in lines or headaches.