Clear + Brilliant
Powerful, Gentle, Laser Skincare Treatment
Aging skin is a part of life. But we all want to look as young as we can, as long as we can. The earlier you start taking care of your skin, the easier it is, and the more you can prevent the signs of aging - looking younger, longer.
Daily sun protection, active skin care products and prescription topical creams are the first step. At the other end of the spectrum are surgery and more aggressive resurfacing procedures. Dermal fillers and Botox are great, and fill specific needs to restore volume and reduce muscle movement related lines. Now there is Clear + Brilliant, fractional laser skin care treatments that not only prevent signs of aging but also help correct unwanted changes that have already occurred.
Clear + Brilliant is a proven and effective fractional laser treatment to improve aging skin, fine lines, discoloration, texture, and tone, refines pore size and restores radiance. It is a perfect fit for patients who need more than a chemical peel, but less than more aggressive laser treatments, such as Fraxel. C + B refreshes your look, helps address the signs of aging, and improves discolored pigmentation that keeps you from looking your best.
Safe and non-invasive, with typically no downtime, Clear + Brilliant treatments fit into a patient’s busy lifestyle as an easy treatment to help maintain youthful-looking skin.
How does Clear + Brilliant work?
With the choice of two hand pieces to optimize outcomes, C + B was developed by Solta Medical, the company that developed Fraxel and the pioneer in fractional resurfacing and non-invasive skin tightening and a global market leader in aesthetic skin treatments. Utilizing similar technology as Fraxel, it is a proven and effective fractional laser treatment, sometimes called "baby Fraxel."
How many treatments do I need?
One 20-minute Clear + Brilliant session can leave your skin feeling smoother, younger and give you that “radiant glow” that comes from healthy, youthful skin. An initial series of 6 treatments creates a more even skin canvas by improving fine lines, pore size, brown discoloration, skin texture, tone and radiance. Routine maintenance treatments deliver lasting results that can keep you looking younger for years to come.
Does it hurt?
A surface anesthetic may be used (a numbing cream applied in our office) prior to the 30-minute treatment, to reduce discomfort, which feels similar to a scratching sensation.
What results can I expect with C + B?
Clear + Brilliant is a fractional laser treatment to improve aging skin, fine lines, brown discoloration, to refine pore size and restore youthful radiance. In addition to the face, the neck, chest, backs of hands, arms or any body area may be treated.
How long does it take to see results?
Improvement starts in 5 days on the face, 3 weeks on the neck, chest, arms or hands.
How long do results last?
Much of the results are permanent, although your skin will continue to age with you. Continued use of sun protection, and use of the recommended topical treatments will slow this process. You may need intermittent maintenance Clear + Brilliant treatments to maintain optimum results.
Is there any downtime?
There is very minimal or no downtime. You may have some redness and mild swelling for several hours after treatment, occasionally as long as a day.
Occasional pinpoint blood dots and very rarely crusting or blisters occur. Most patients resume normal activities immediately. For up to five days after treatment, your skin may feel tight and rough to touch, but typically the skin looks normal in appearance. Makeup may be applied the next day, or even the same day if desired.
Anyone who should not have treatments?
Clear + Brilliant may not be used if you are/have: pregnant, using medication which prohibits exposure to sun, have taken isotretinoin within 6 months, or have a photosensitivity disease such as lupus.
Let us know—before your first C + B, or if/ when any of the following exist or develop: cold sores, sun sensitivity, keloid scars, diabetes, eczema, sensitive skin, seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea, lupus, lichen planus, psoriasis, facial warts, allergic or other reaction to topical anesthetics, have current open/crusted areas or areas treated with freezing, surgery, or cautery within the past month, or if you are a "picker," or unable to or refuse to avoid significant sun or tanning bed exposure.
If you have frequent cold sores—we will prescribe a preventative medication to be taken before your Clear + Brilliant treatment.
What to Do to Prepare for Clear + Brilliant
- You will be given a suggested skin care regimen.
- Don't use Refissa, Retin A, Differin, Tazorac, any exfoliant, or skin care containing glycolic or salicylic acid for two days before or five days after treatment. If in doubt, ask.
- Use the sunscreen we have recommended every day.
- Do not use the tanning bed, or get intentional sun exposure for 10 days before treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, let us know at the time you schedule your treatment so we can prescribe preventative treatment with oral Valtrex. You will take 2 pills the morning of treatment.
What to Do After Clear + Brilliant
- If you were prescribed Valtrex, take both of your remaining Valtrex pills at one time the morning after treatment.
- Use the sunscreen we have recommended every day, and avoid intentional sun exposure or the tanning bed.
- Don't use Refissa, Retin A, Differin, Tazorac, any exfoliant, or skin care products containing glycolic or salicylic acid for 5 days after a treatment, then resume. If in doubt, ask.
- If you were prescribed skin bleach, resume it 5 days after treatment
- Use the recommended cleanser and apply the recommended moisturizer.
- Redness can be covered up with makeup immediately after treatment if desired. Slight redness could remain up to two days. Dry skin with flaking is normal and should resolve within a 5 days.
What to Expect During a C + B Treatment
- Requires about 30 minutes for a complete session.
- To provide additional comfort, topical numbing cream may be applied to your face prior to treatment.
- Treatment is delivered by our Registered Nurses, who will gently guide the Clear + Brilliant hand piece across the target area and actively treat your skin for approximately 15 minutes.
- Utilizes the patented Intelligent Optical Tracking™ System (IOTS™) to ensure your skin care professional maintains proper contact with your skin and provides a uniform application to all treated areas.
- After treatment, to increase results, a skin-concern specific topical treatment serum will be applied.
Effective, Affordable Proactive Treatments
Safe, effective and affordable, no downtime Clear + Brilliant fits into your busy lifestyle with real results.
Call us today at 806-358-1117 or 800-417-SKIN to see how safe, effective and proven Clear + Brilliant treatments can fit into your busy lifestyle and help you take charge of skin aging, texture, tone, pore size appearance and discoloration, and restore youthful looking radiance.