Our Online Skincare Customers:
At the current time, we are open to all online orders and shipments. Order now to be sure you have what you want and need.
Our Dermatology Practice Patients:
We are happy to announce that we are once again open for all patient visits.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all patients and staff. We are following the rules and recommendations from our Governor and the Texas Medical Board.
We are proactively taking measures to mitigate concerns around Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a medical practice, we always follow medical level sanitation and infection control practices. In response to the virus outbreak, we are increasing those efforts.
Our Clinic Infection Control Plan:
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with guidance from the state, local, and U.S. government health agencies. We implemented a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan designed to help us prevent the spread of the virus to the best of our abilities. Among other things, our plan includes the following:
- Daily/ongoing sanitization of our lobby, exam rooms, and other common areas
- Available hand sanitizer, sinks, and soap in every room for staff and patients.
- Employees will be wearing masks in patient access areas.
- Employees following best practice infection prevention methods such as hand washing for at least 20 seconds and using hand sanitizers more often.
- Daily symptom assessment for all employees before the start of the day.
- New phone and check-in screening processes to proactively identify potentially infected patients.
- Telemedicine visits for appropriate patients.
We respectfully ask that you be mindful and call our office to reschedule your in-office appointment if you meet the following high-risk criteria:
- Fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Recent travel to a high-risk country: China, Iran, Italy, Japan, and South Korea. Note: This country list is updated regularly by the CDC. Visit their website to see details.
- You have been exposed to someone diagnosed with Coronavirus.
Patient Visit Policies:
So that we can follow social distancing guidelines, during this time, we will be restricting access to our waiting and exam/treatment rooms to the scheduled patient only:
- One parent will be allowed to accompany a minor (under 18) child.
- One adult will be allowed to attend an adult patient who has special needs or disabilities.
- No other individuals, including children who are not the scheduled patient, will be allowed in the waiting or exam/treatment rooms.
- We will discuss this with you when you schedule and remind you of this policy when we confirm your appointment. If you arrive for your appointment with additional people, you will not be seen and must reschedule your appointment. Please understand that this is necessary to protect our staff and other patients in the office.
- Masks must be worn by all patients and accompanying parent/guardian.
Texas Medical Board Rules:
The following is the Texas Medical Board Notice regarding Minimum Standards of Sale Practice, also posted in all patient-facing areas of the clinic:
- Texas Medical Board Notice and Compliance Requirements Concerning COVID-19 Minimum Standards of Safe Practice
- (i) All physicians providing patient care or engaging in an in-person patient encounter must implement the following minimum COVID-19 standards of safe practice.
- (I) a mask must be worn by both the patient and physician or the physician's delegate when in the proximity of the patient (meaning less than a 6-foot distance between the patient and the physician or the physician's delegate);
- (II) follow policies the physician, medical and healthcare practice, or facility has in place regarding COVID-19 screening and testing and/or screening patients;
- (III) that, before any encounter, patients must be screened for potential symptoms of COVID-19 or verified previously screened within the last 20 days.
To help all of us look towards a better tomorrow, we are:
- Extending the expiration date to June 30th for all previously purchased aesthetic procedure packages expiring before that date.
- The expiration date for the coupon good for a discount on Botox or Filler from our Holiday Sale is extended to June 30th.
- We continue to offer free shipping or curbside service for all skincare purchases. You can order online at SkinTreatment.com or call the office at 806-358-1117 or 800-417-SKIN to order your favorites.
We appreciate your understanding during this period, as we work to implement the guidelines from the federal, state, and local health agencies regarding medical services. The health and safety of our patients, staff, and community is our primary concern.
We will continue to actively follow updates from federal, state, and local health agencies and will update you as indicated.
Elaine Cook MD and staff at Dr. Elaine's Advanced Skin Treatment Center and SkinTreatment.com
7620 Hillside #100
Amarillo, TX 79119
806-358-1117 or 800-417-SKIN